Hospital to Home Care
At From the Heart Home Care, we are committed to the wellbeing and safety of our clients that we are privileged to serve. Many of our clients come to us following a hospitalization. They are referred to us by physicians, discharge planners, social workers and case managers. Health and wellness professionals know that the transition from hospital to home can be a challenging one for patients and their families. As we strive to be the leading experts in all aspects of in-home care, including post-hospitalization care, we developed this guide to provide an overview of the challenges and resources associated with each step in the transition from hospital to home.
Our caregivers will first educate themselves on what the discharge process entails and the all key components involved. Next, we will provide a step-by-step plan of care ensuring optimal care post-hospitalization. The transition out of the security of the hospital setting may seem daunting at first, but remember that you and your loved one are not alone in this process. Just as there is a team of individuals inside the hospital, the same goes for the greater care community to ensure that all of your needs are met.
We hope that From the Heart Home Care, LLC guide will equip you with the information you need to make the best decisions possible.
- Basic personal care
- Assisting with walking and transferring from bed to wheelchair
- Bathing, dressing, and grooming assistance
- Medication reminders
- Toileting and incontinence care
- Status reporting to family
- Safety and fall prevention
- Transition home care plan
- Consultation and personalized care plan
- Transportation to support the critical initial transition
- Errands, grocery shopping, prescription pick-up, housekeeping
- Meal preparation and nutrition
- Rehabilitation reminders, physical and emotional support and companionship
- Transportation to rehabilitation sessions, doctor appointments and personal events
- Range of motion exercises to encourage physical activity
One of the leading causes of hospital readmission or slow post-hospitalization recovery is the lack of proper support following a hospital discharge. Whether you or a loved one is transitioning directly home after a hospitalization or moving through the care continuum via a rehabilitation or medical care facility, in-home care is a key resource for a safe and successful recovery process.
- We are here to help when you need us
- On call 24 hours for client needs
- Flexible and fast scheduling
- Regular quality assurance
- Thorough care management and family support
- Double the care team staff of other agencies
- Hospital to home care
Our hospital to home care services
The first 72 hours following a procedure or hospital stay represents a critical and vulnerable time for the patient, often involving a new diagnosis and changes in daily habits, required medications, meal regimens, rehab exercises and more. A qualified, skilled caregiver can transport you home from the care facility and provides essential support during an often stressful time. Family members can have a peace of mind having professional help during the transition from hospital to home and not having to remember the many instructions and directions from the facility that are to be followed.
From the Heart Home Care, LLC’s non-medical home care provides the monitoring, reminders and emotional support to help the individual recover successfully in the comfort of their own home.
Let's Get Started!
Get Immediate Help with Information, Costs & Payment Options.